Sunday 26 August 2007

Peoples Photography

August 25th to 26th are Peoples Photography, an open air photographic exhibition on Stephens Green in Dublin. I participated as part of the Dublin Camera Club. The weather was great, quite in contrast to the flacid summer we've had (it could so easily have been downpours). The atmosphere was good, with a great sense of camaraderie among the club members.

I put a lot of effort into the exhibition this year, printing and framing 10 large premium quality prints, 9 smaller prints, some postcards and business cards. The idea was to have a range of photos at different price points. Many people were complementary of my work and took my business cards. There was much interest in my HDR (High Dynamic Range) images and how I achieved the vivid colours. Unfortunately I didn't sell too much at the event. We discussed this at some length. I think that my photographs, printed large and framed were not ideally suited to selling to casual passers by. Smaller pictures, easily carried would be preferable. Also, some photographers were doing well selling touristy type pictures. That's great, but not really what I'm about. Still, some great lessons learnt!

Expect to see the photographs from the exhibition up on pictasmagoria soon.

No comments: